Skip to main content

1903

The Surrey Golf Club was formed at Pachesham Manor in 1903 on land owned by Mr F. C. Ramsey and Sir William Vincent.

Press cuttings on June 6 1903, indicate a course was being laid out by Peter Paxton. Peter was an expert ball and club maker, invented the Bramble’ and ‘Sirdar, was a Pro at Tooting Bec and was also the designer of a number of other courses, including East Berkshire and Coventry. Mr Horace Hutchinson was club captain who was a prolific author of golf books and first English captain of the R & A links.